SEOUL - THE loss of Booger the pit bull terrier was almost more than Ms Bernann McKinney could bear.
Now she is the happy owner of five cloned Booger puppies, minus US$50,000 (S$68,600) and her house.
'This is a miracle,' said Ms McKinney at a news conference in the South Korean capital.
'I was able to smile again, laugh again and just feel alive again,' she said, blinking back tears of joy as she cuddled the five black puppies - all of whose names include the word Booger.
The puppies were born to two surrogate mothers on July 28, said RNL Bio, the company which arranged for the re-creation of Booger through his refrigerated ear tissue.
Ms McKinney, 58, a movie scriptwriter in California, sold her house to raise the US$50,000 to pay for the cloning.
'I had to make sacrifices and I dream of the day, some day, when everyone can afford to clone his pet because losing a pet is a terrible, terrible loss to anyone.'
Tuesday, August 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment